czwartek, 29 października 2015

taking about future

1. When we know about the future we normally use the present tense.
  • We use the present simple for something scheduled or arranged:
We have a lesson next Monday.
The train arrives at 6.30 in the morning.
The holidays start next week.
It is my birthday tomorrow.
  • We can use the present continuous for plans or arrangements:
I’m playing football tomorrow.
They are coming to see us tomorrow.
We’re having a party at Christmas.
2. We use will to talk about the future:
  • When we make predictions based on what we know, think, believe, hope, we are sure about:
It will be a nice day tomorrow.
I think Brazil will win the World Cup.
I’m sure you will enjoy the film.
  • When we make decisions at the moment of speaking:
I will help you.
George says he will help us.
  • To make offers and promises:
I'll see you tomorrow.
We'll send you an email.
  • To talk about offers and promises:
Tim will be at the meeting.
Mary will help with the cooking.
3. We use (be) going to:
  • To talk about plans and intentions, decisions made before the moment of speaking:
I’m going to drive to work today.
They are going to move to Manchester.
  • When we can see that something is likely to happen, or talk about making decisions based on what we can see, hear or feel
Be careful! You are going to fall.
Look at those black clouds. I think it’s going to rain.

Brak komentarzy: